Monday, March 10, 2008

Lesson Plans!

It seems like every time I write a lesson plan I get a little carried away. I worried about writing my first Unit for Principles and Techniques because I couldn't measure the time I would need for each activity. I prepared what I wanted to teach and what activities I would work on with the students in order to help them understand the material better and in a fun way. I put a lot of thought into it and I decided "Simon Says" in Spanish would be a great way to learn parts of the body! I added some music and even Jeopardy!

I worried about my assessment portion of the lessons because I am not exactly sure how I would assess my students in order to see if they understand the material. I came to the conclusion that with time and understanding each student I will know how to assess and measure their understanding. Not everyone will be the same and I may have to assess in various forms. I was also worried about teaching to the "Multiple Intelligences". I needed to figure out how to incorporate all of them into a lesson so that all my students could enjoy and understand the lesson. I worked on visual aids, music, group work, and many other ideas.

I received my unit back and I was a little nervous to look at it, but when I did I was very happy!

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

I am glad you received positive feedback.

On an even MORE positive note, the fact that youa re thinking about assessment and MI is really probably the point of the assignment even more than what you wrote.

Your growin awareness of these educational issues are outstanding!