Thursday, March 13, 2008

No child left behind

In our last class we discussed the "NCLB" which stands for No Child Left Behind. This is a very controversial subject. I have a nine year old brother and we receive papers every year about "NCLB" but I never really looked into the specifics of this act. I knew that schools had to meet yearly requirements but I had no idea they would have federal funds removed! I don't see how that helps a situation. I believe schools like that need that extra help and motivation. I can understand that it is like a consequence for not achieving the goals but I think it is much harder to achieve when your are deprived of what you already had.

I wish every school could be equally equipped but unfortunately this is not the case; some schools are more fortunate than others. All students are equal and should have the same opportunities.

Here is what Hillary Clinton has to say about "NCLB".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RayKEnypvtU

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for sharing this video!