Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Technology in the classroom!

In class today we mentioned how technology can be used in the classroom. This is a very valuable topic because many teachers hesitate when technology is involved; I can understand why, it is hard to try something new. I believe literature is very important, students to value its meaning and the messages and beauty they portray. I am not saying literature should not be used, it definitely should;but I believe we should use technology to help students understand the material better and in a way they find interesting. Students feel comfortable using technology and get excited when something new is introduced. There are so many ways to use technology, such as: movies, radio, internet, databases, online quizzes, power points and so many more. I believe it is important to introduce students to what is out there and how education can be "cool" and fun. Students may sometimes give up on school because it doesn't interest them and I feel technology will open their minds to the importance of education and diverse subjects. Today's adolescents use technology daily and I believe that adding their interests to the classroom would add participation and perhaps raise grades.

I am also pretty excited, because I already got placed for Junior field during break :0)

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. Luongo said...

True, true, true!

And if we reach one student using a bit of technology, that is one more student than we would have without it...

On the same note, we can also reach students by just talking to them.

You never know what will touch a student and promote learning.

Nice post, Catarina!